Stainless Steel Biomedical Sharps Disposal
MSRP: $270.00 Distributors may sell for less
Product Name: Stainless Steel Biomedical Sharps Disposal
Single Carton UPC: 624622878009
Single Carton Shipping Dimensions: 38.1cm L x 22.9cm W x 17.8cm H (15″L x 9″W x 7″H)
Single Carton Shipping Weight: 4.1kg (9 lbs)
Frost’s 878 biomedical sharps disposal is secure and extremely durable. This heavy duty disposal is perfect for health care and commercial environments. Typically, this product is used in hospitals, long term care facilities, doctor/dentist offices, schools/universities, office buildings, and retail locations. The heavy duty and vandal resistant construction of this unit make it an ideal choice.
- Made with North American stainless steel
- Front loading for easy service and maintenance
- Heavy duty vandal resistant design to ensure medical waste is safely protected
- Radius and bevelled corners along with screened on graphics in English, French and Spanish provide a clean professional look
- Premium tumbler keyed lock, key provided
- Top of the disposal features a steel recessed tube inlet to prevent unauthorized access
- Comes complete with a standard 4 litre (4.23qt) plastic disposable sharps container
- Suitable for discarding of: needles, syringes, blades, pins, gauze, and cotton balls
- Internal containers are designed and certified to exceed penetration requirements for all applicable international standards (FDA #9613648)
- Internal plastic disposable container has a capacity of 4 litres (4.23qt) 14.0cm W x 30.5cm H x 14.0cm D (5½″ W x 12″ H x 5½″ D)
- Opening at the top of the unit is 3.5cm (1⅜″) in diameter
- Body: Coverall door is 18 gauge type 304 stainless steel with brushed finish
- Back: Rear mounting plate is heavy duty 14 gauge powder coated steel
- 19.7cm W x 36.5cm H x 15.0cm D (7.75″ W x 14.4″ H x 5.9″ D)
- 3.6 (8 lbs)
For unrestricted access, bottom of the unit to floor must be between 38.1cm to 121.9cm (15″ to 48″). This disposal comes with standard combination style screws. Using the appropriate installation tools, drill or screw unit into desired mounting surface. Please note that it is recommended that all installations be conducted by a qualified tradesperson. Failure to do so may result in serious injury. Please read and follow any additional installation guidelines provided with the products.
Normal preventative maintenance and cleaning will keep Frost products functioning properly and may extend normal product life. Products should be wiped down with a damp soft cloth periodically. Approved stainless steel cleaner may be used to clean scuffs or fingerprints on stainless surfaces. Do not use harsh detergents or chemical cleaners. For general dirt and blemishes on painted steel or plastic use warm water and mild soap, or a general mild cleaning solution. When using any type of cleaning solution, spray onto a discrete area to test before full usage. After the cleaning agent is applied, wipe off with a clean soft cloth or sponge. For stainless steel please do not spray with any product containing bleach, acids, or chlorides, which can be found in many cleaning products such as toilet bowl cleaners. Use of these cleaning solutions may cause discolouration and if used for prolonged periods of time they can eat away at points in the stainless steel. If discolouration occurs, the use of an approved stainless steel cleaner and a firmer scrub pad, such as a Scotch Brite Pad #7447, may remove the markings. Wipe away any debris from the area and gently rub with the pad. Then spray the area with a stainless steel cleaner/polish and rinse and dry. Always wipe with the grain direction for stainless steel products. If a cleaning agent has begun to eat away at the steel on a unit then the unit will likely need to be replaced. For stainless steel soap dispensers please avoid use of ammonium-based soaps as these can also cause discolouration and/or damage to the dispensers. The stainless steel that Frost Products uses is of high quality and stainless steel is resistant to rust. However, discolouration that appears to be rust can be caused by cleaning solutions and soaps mentioned above. It is important to discontinue use of any cleaning agent or soap if discolouration begins to occur. Clean off the discolouration as quickly as possible to avoid any permanent damage to the unit. Maintenance staff should be taught how to recognize the signs that they are not using the appropriate cleaning products and how to correctly maintain stainless steel items.
If any product or part proves to be defective within 12 months from date of shipment from the factory it will be repaired or replaced without any charge including freight costs when authorized. Costs resulting from the installation or removal of defective products are not covered under this warranty. Discolouration to stainless steel parts resulting from exposure to harsh environmental and / or chemicals are not considered to be defects in workmanship or material and are not covered under warranty.
Additional Info and Downloads
|Lock only for 920 and 878||CDN $25.00||
|920 & 878 KEY||CDN $12.00||